This article and its subsequent articles are intended solely for clients who have signed up for a Basic Activation/Integration If you are signed up for a Managed Integration/Activation please utilize the Managed Integration/Activation guide at https://farapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006251661.
Welcome to FarApp!
On behalf of the entire team at FarApp, we would like to welcome you to what we hope will be a long and successful partnership within your eCommerce business. This guide will walk you through testing and activating each of your syncs so you can get FarApp up and running with minimal effort.
Please note, in order to fully proceed through this guide, you will need to be logged into FarApp to view the entire set of articles. If you do not have a FarApp account please visit www.farapp.com and sign up for one and return here after you log into FarApp.
Before beginning the process please review the FarApp prerequisites to verify you are ready to proceed. Your activation will likely be unsuccessful or needlessly complicated if you fail to meet the prerequisites outlined here https://farapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042942514.
How to use this guide
Your basic activation is designed to be a "turnkey" activation. We have preconfigured the most common settings and mappings to make the activation as easy as possible. However, despite the activation being greatly simplified, some configuration is still required either because it is located in NetSuite or is specific to your particular account. We will guide you through the configuration in NetSuite during our Initiation process which will be done before your activation begins. With all that in mind, we have provided recommendations on how you should utilize this guide.
- Complete the initiation and activation steps in order. Use the navigation links at the end of each step to move between the previous and next steps in the activation. You will also find an Index link at the end of each article. The index can be used to view and jump to any step in the initiation or activation phase you are currently in. Failing to complete the sections and steps in order can cause issues and unnecessarily delay your activation.
- When you reach a new step, read completely through that step before taking any action in order to get a complete picture of what you need to do.
- Pay close attention to the screenshots provided. Areas of interest are outlined in red.
- Most steps include an animation after that step or sequence within that step. Once you read through the page, watch the animation for a demonstration of what you will need to complete.
- Images and animations can be enlarged by clicking on them. Click outside the image or press ESC to return the image to normal size.
- All articles that the initiation and activation process links to, that are not a part of the process itself, will open in a new browser tab. After you have read or completed the steps in the new browser tab please close the tab and return to the original tab.
FarApp has many features and settings that are available (possibly for an additional fee) but not included in our activation guide. Before undertaking any of the optional features or settings, we strongly recommend you test and activate your FarApp account using the simplest configuration in order to get your syncs up and running as quickly as possible. This not only establishes a baseline working configuration but also allows you to see and better understand how FarApp works, which will be helpful in both understanding and configuring any optional features or settings. Attempting to utilize additional features or settings while activating for the first time can cause significant delays.
Starting the Process
In order to begin the process, you will need to make sure you have created a FarApp account and logged in to FarApp. If you are not logged into FarApp the support articles containing additional steps will not be accessible. If you are logged into FarApp you can click the link below to continue.