Note that the FarApp configuration portions of this article is are only applicable in instances where FarApp is syncing the order or pick ticket to a 3PL for fulfillment. If you are fulfilling the orders some other way (manually in NetSuite, through a 3PL without using FarApp, etc.) then the population of the Shipping Cost field is outside of FarApp's control though the specified NetSuite configurations may be relevant. If you find the shipping cost not showing on an Item Fulfillment there can be several causes:
- In NetSuite go to Setup > Accounting > Shipping and make sure the Charge for Shipping box is checked.
- (Only applicable if using FarApp to send orders to your 3PL)
FarApp sends the shipping cost from the 3PL to NetSuite by default. However, if a shipping method isn't provided to NetSuite then the shipping cost will be discarded. If your default shipping method or the shipping method for which the order in question is set to "Not Mapped" in your Fulfillment mappings from your 3PL, then no shipment method will be sent to NetSuite and thus the shipping cost that is sent will be ignored. Check the Mappings > Fulfillments shipment method mappings for the 3PL connector. For instructions on how to map your shipment methods please see this article https://farapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216791968
- Assuming you have a shipping method mapped then the shipping item you are mapped to on the incoming fulfillment sync may not be setup correctly. NetSuite defaults a few shipping items but does not completely set them up. When you edit the Shipping Item you can tell if it is not completely setup by trying to save it right away. Anything that is still not setup will prompt NetSuite to show an error and ask you to set the field before you save. These are the common ones.
- Make sure the shipping item has a flat rate (you can use 1.00 as the amount since FarApp overwrites the amount on the sync).
- Make sure an account is selected .
- Under the Shipping Rules Subtab (this may be Shipping and Handling Rules depending on your NetSuite setup) make sure you have a value in the Charge Tax on this Shipping Portion of Item field.
- Finally, if you see an error about the field not being visible or editable on the order refer to this article please refer to this article https://farapp.zendesk.com/knowledge/articles/218764857/en-us?brand_id=822508