FarApp has the capability to sync images from NetSuite using our Product Sync feature. This guide serves to provide the leading practices in adding images to the cart/marketplace.
Make sure that your products are set up properly in NetSuite and that the image fields are populated with the images you would like to sync. Please reference the NetSuite Help Center article on images located at Commerce > SuiteCommerce SiteBuilder > SiteBuilder Items, Forms, & Images > Images for information on how to upload and set images on your products.
Once you have the images configured in the NetSuite, you will need to update the mappings to pull the image fields into FarApp in order for us to post them to the cart/marketplace. Most connectors have a standard image field that you can select from the FarApp field mapping drop downs. The following procedure outlines how to map images using Shopify as an example.
- Using the navigation menu on the left of your screen to select the relevant connector/account combination.
- Navigate to Mappings > Products.
- Click the Add Mapping.
- The Add Mapping window will appear.
- Typically the image field will appear under the Standard selection of fields but it may may differ for a particular cart/marketplace. For our Shopify example, the field is under Standard so click Standard to display the list of fields and select Images from the list.
- Click Add Mapping
- The mapping will be added to the end of your list of mappings.
- Click Close to close the window.
- Locate your new mapping in the list of mappings.
- Click Special Mapping - Click to Edit.
- The "images Mapping" window appears.
- Populate this field with the field ID of the NetSuite field that contains the image data to send to the cart/marketplace.
- If you have multiple image fields to map click Add Row and complete the additional mappings.
- When your mappings are complete click Save Changes.
- To test your new mappings, make a change to a product FarApp is syncing that has the mapped images field populated in NetSuite. The change will trigger an automated sync by FarApp or you can manually sync the test product by following the process outlined in this article:
General guidelines for updating images
The best practice for updating images is to delete the old images first and then add the new ones instead of just updating them in the NetSuite image base. Please reference the following NetSuite Help Center articles for help with images on your products in NetSuite:
- Deleting images: Commerce > SuiteCommerce SiteBuilder > SiteBuilder Items, Forms, & Images > Images > Deleting Images
- Updating images: Commerce > SuiteCommerce SiteBuilder > SiteBuilder Items, Forms, & Images > Images
Preserving existing images in the cart/marketplace
You can preserve existing images by not mapping images in FarApp. With this, the syncs will not know to bring over image data and therefore will not update the image field in the cart/marketplace.
Removing data from the mapped image field in NetSuite aka blanking the field
In general, this will not delete the image in the cart/marketplace. We will simply not send data for the image for a product with a blank field.