FarApp has 3 core sync processes.
- Order Sync- FarApp syncs orders FROM the storefront TO NetSuite. The SKU of the items in the order must match to your designated SKU field on an item in NetSuite.
- Fulfillment Sync- FarApp syncs fulfillments FROM NetSuite TO the storefront. This can be done with or without a FarApp connection to a 3PL.
- If FarApp is NOT connected to a 3PL, it simply waits until the order shows as fulfilled in NetSuite. Once FarApp detects the order has been fulfilled in NetSuite, it will sync that fulfillment back to the storefront.
- If FarApp is connected to a 3PL, it will send the order into NetSuite and then send the order off to the 3PL to be fulfilled. Once the 3PL sends back the fulfilled order, FarApp will send the fulfillment information into NetSuite. After the order has been marked as fulfilled in NetSuite, FarApp then syncs the order fulfillment back to the storefront.
- Product Sync- FarApp syncs products TO the storefront via two different types of syncs.
- Price/Qty sync- This option syncs only the price and/or the quantity of the item to the storefront. To use this type of sync the items must already exist on the storefront.
- Full Product sync-This option syncs all the details of the item including price, quantity, images, description, etc. This sync lets you create an item in the storefront if it does not already exist.
Additionally, FarApp provides other sync processes such as refund sync, Amazon settlement sync, and several more.