Please note that the contents of this article are only applicable for Full Product Sync. If you are using, or plan to use, Price/Qty sync only for your Amazon Product Sync then you can follow the procedure in this article to add the mapping fields for Price/Qty only
FarApp uses Amazon’s flat file templates for syncing items to Amazon. Starting January 31, 2019, if you are using category specific templates or the Book Loader, Amazon will no longer accept older versions of the category-specific inventory templates.
You will need to create a custom template to list different types of products across multiple categories using one template. The following process walks you through generating and adding the custom template to FarApp.
This process will generate the template file from Amazon.
- Log into Seller Central.
- Navigate to Inventory > Add Products via Upload
- Verify you are on the Download an Inventory File tab then, Under Step 1, use the Search tool or Product Classifier, select the types of products that you want to list. It is very important that you select every type you sell. If you do not, then you may not have all the fields you need to sync those items which will result in you needing to regenerate the file when you make that discovery.
- Once you have made your selections, under Step 2, click Advanced. You will probably need to scroll down to see Step 2 after making your selections.
- Finally, click Generate Template to download your new template. Make sure you know where the file is downloaded to because you will need it in subsequent steps.
To learn more about how to generate the customized template, see Amaon's documentation https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202094740.
This process loads the template into FarApp so you can map the fields in it for your items
- Log into app.farapp.com.
- From the left-side navigation menu, select the Amazon connector and relevant account.
- Navigate to Mappings > Products.
- The Products Mapping page will be displayed. In the Category dropdown, select Add Category.
- The Add New Amazon Category Template window appears. Since you are uploading a custom category you are using Full Product Sync so you click Yes. If you are NOT using Full Product Sync then you do not need a Custom Category and you can click No to add the Price/Qty only fields.
- Click Select File. You will then need to locate and select the custom template file you downloaded from Amazon.
- Once you selected, the file will be uploaded and validated. After the validation check passes you will receive a status indication of such. Click Next to proceed. If validation failed try recreating the file in Amazon and trying again. If the process continues to fail contact support.
- Once the category creation is complete you will receive a message indicating that fact. Click Finish to complete the process.
- If you click the dropdown list you should see a generic Amazon category and your newly added custom category and the fields are now available for mapping. Note that the name format of that new category will be <company name>-<account name>-<date created>. Also note that "company name" is the internal FarApp name stored for your organization and "account name" is the account on the connector.