This section describes how to manually test post items to your cart/marketplace. This is only for testing and is not required when your account is ‘Live’. This manual process mimics the automatic sync so you will know how your account will perform when it is ‘Live’.
Create a Test Product in NetSuite
NOTE: The item must exist in the marketplace/cart in order to sync the price and/or quantity.
You will need to create a test Product/Item in NetSuite that has the following criteria:
- The Flag Field must be added to the test product and it is has a value of Add/Update Item.
- The test item must be Active, have inventory (only if syncing quantity), and have Price (only if syncing price) populated in NetSuite.
- To confirm that the sync works properly, make sure that the value is different between NetSuite and the marketplace/cart.
Retrieve a Test Product Into FarApp
Once you have completed the mappings and created a test product with all the necessary fields populated (including the flag field), you are ready to retrieve your first product into the FarApp dashboard's Products Page. You will not need to do this for all your products; FarApp will do this automatically once it is completely configured, but at least one item should be manually retrieved and posted to the marketplace/cart as a test product to confirm that the mappings you created are working.
- Navigate to the Products Page in your FarApp dashboard.
- Click on the gear icon in the blue bar.
- Then click Retrieve Product from NetSuite.
- A new window will appear. Enter the internal ID of the product you want to test with into the field and click Retrieve. The internal ID is an identifying number that NetSuite assigns to your items.
- If do not see your product appear after retrieving it, please see this article.
Manually Post Product or Price/Quantity Update to the Marketplace/Cart
Now that you have retrieved your first product into FarApp, FarApp needs to post the product to your marketplace/cart if you are doing Full Product Sync or post the price and/or quantity to your marketplace/cart if you are doing Price/Qty Sync. Again, this is something that FarApp will do automatically once it has been completely configured, but we will manually tell the item to post now in order to confirm that it posts correctly.
- From the Products Page.
- Click on the Action (Pen & Paper) icon to the right of your test item.
- Then click on Post to [Marketplace/Cart], if you are doing Full Product Sync or Update Inventory and Price on [Marketplace/Cart], if you are doing Price/Quantity Sync.
- The process to post a single item can sometimes take up to several minutes. Please wait to confirm that you see that the status on the item changes from "In FarApp" to "Posted to [Marketplace/Cart]."
- If the product row turns red at this step and you see an error message when hovering your cursor over the row, please take steps to correct the error and try posting the item again (which may require reloading the item from NetSuite if you made changes to the item there).
- If the item says that it has posted, you can navigate to your store and check the data on the item there. The goal is that all the data for you item in NetSuite will have synced to the storefront via the mappings that you created.
Please proceed with Step 7: Enabling Product Sync or Price/Qty Sync.