Once you have completed the integration setup for Order and Fulfillment sync, you’re ready to test the syncs. It is recommended to test several different scenarios that may come up when your connector is live. Some common scenarios are orders with taxable line items, orders with non-taxable line items, and orders with discounts.
Testing Order Sync
- Create a test order in the marketplace/cart or use a recent existing order.
- FarApp requires the order ID for testing so you’ll want to find the order ID.
- Select the appropriate channel and account in the FarApp menu on the left.
- Navigate to Data Flows > Orders
- Click Retrieve.
- Select the appropriate Channel and Account from the dropdown menus.
- Populate the order ID.
- Click Retrieve.
- Hover over the pencil icon to the right of the order in the table.
- Click Post Order to NetSuite.
- At this point you may run into errors that you’ll need to resolve before the order can post to NetSuite.
- When an error is displayed, please read the error message and follow the instructions carefully in order to resolve the issue.
- If the error message is unclear, please search relevant keywords to find some helpful articles that may have more information on the error you’re getting.
- If you require further assistance, please create a support ticket at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so that our support team can assist you.
- Check for the following on the order in NetSuite:
- Tax total matches the tax total on the order in the marketplace/cart.
- Order total matches the order total on the order in the marketplace/cart.
- Line item(s) match the line item(s) on the order in the marketplace/cart.
- Quantity of line item(s) match the quantity of the line item(s) on the order in the marketplace/cart.
- All mapped order, item, and customer fields populated as expected (including the tokenized credit card information).
- Correct shipment/payment methods populated on the order (if mapped in FarApp).
- If any mapping adjustments are needed, you can update the order in NetSuite to verify that your adjustments are working as expected. You will not want to update orders marked complete as it will change their status back to pendingApproval or pendingFulfillment. To update an existing order:
- Select the correct channel and account in the FarApp menu on the left. Orders are located under Data Flows > Orders
- Search for your order in the list or type the order id into the search box provided
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the order and click Update Order in NetSuite.
Testing Fulfillment Sync
- Fulfill the order in NetSuite.
- Post the shipping details from NetSuite to the marketplace/cart:
- Navigate to your Orders Page.
- Make sure the correct channel and account are selected in the FarApp menu on the left. Orders are located under Data Flows > Orders.
- Hover over the pencil icon to the right of the order.
- Click Upload Shipment from NetSuite.
- Review the order in the marketplace/cart:
- Check for the following on the order in the marketplace/cart:
- Order/item status updated to shipped or complete.
- The tracking number is populated (if it was populated on the item fulfillment in NetSuite).
Please proceed to Step 8: Enabling Order and Fulfillment Sync.