The leading practice for discounts is to post all discount, promotion, and/or coupon amount to a generic discount item on the order header in NetSuite. With this approach, this will ensure that the discount total on the order will post to NetSuite which will result in the correct order total. Posting the discount to the order header allows the discount total to show up in the order summary in NetSuite so you can easily view the discount on the order.
Note: If you install the FarApp NetSuite bundle the generic discount item will be created for you and the configured in FarApp making the following procedures on this page unnecessary. If you choose to install the bundle you can skip the remainder of the procedures on this page and see this article to install the bundle https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043216673-Installing-the-FarApp-NetSuite-bundle
Create a Generic Discount Item
- In NetSuite, navigate to Lists > Accounting > Items > New.
- Select Discount.
- Populate the SKU in ITEM NAME/NUMBER.
- Enter 1 for the value in Rate (FarApp will overwrite this on each order to match the discount on the order).
- Check the box labeled APPLY BEFORE SALES TAX.
- Verify the discount item is assigned to a non-taxable tax schedule.
- Click Save.
To designate an account for the discount item, please refer to this article:
Configure Discount Settings in FarApp
Locate the internal ID of your discount item
- In NetSuite, navigate to Lists > Accounting > Items
- Under FILTERS, select Discount from the TYPE dropdown, then click Submit.
- Locate the discount you created in the previous step.
- Copy the internal ID of that item from the internal ID column.
If you don't see the internal ID column please see this article on how to configure NetSuite to display the internal IDs https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041237633-How-to-display-Internal-IDs-in-NetSuite
Note: Each connector and account has its own discount settings. Please make sure you are accessing the right connector and account when configuring these settings. Connectors and accounts can be selected in the FarApp menu (on the left). Discount settings for a connector can be found under Settings > Orders > Discount.
- Navigate to your FarApp Discount Settings. (see the above Note).
- Populate the internal ID of your discount item in the field labeled Discount item to post discounts to (Internal ID).
- By default FarApp applies the discount at the order header level but if you would like FarApp to apply the discount at the line item level simply click the Line Items button.
- Click Save.
Please proceed with with Step 3: Order Sync Mappings.