The leading practice for discounts is to post all discount, promotion, and/or coupon amount to a generic discount item on the order header in NetSuite. With this approach, this will ensure that the discount total on the order will post to NetSuite which will result in the correct order total. Posting the discount to the order header allows the discount total to show up in the order summary in NetSuite so you can easily view the discount on the order.
Create a Generic Discount Item
- In NetSuite, navigate to Lists > Accounting > Items > New.
- Select Discount.
- Populate the SKU in ITEM NAME/NUMBER.
- Enter 1 for the value in Rate (FarApp will overwrite this on each order to match the discount on the order).
- Check the box labeled APPLY BEFORE SALES TAX.
- Click Save.
Configure Discount Tax
Locate the internal ID of your discount item
- In NetSuite, navigate to Lists > Accounting > Items
- Under FILTERS, select Discount from the TYPE dropdown, then click Submit.
- Locate the discount you created in the previous step.
- Copy the internal ID of that item from the internal ID column.
- Navigate to your FarApp Discount Settings.
- Populate the internal ID of your discount item in the field labeled Default discount item to post to (internal ID):
- Click Save.
Please proceed with with Step 3: Order Sync Mappings.