Initial Setup of the integration consists of three parts.
The first part is to expose your NetSuite internal IDs.
The second part is to install the FarApp Bundle in NetSuite and connect your NetSuite account to FarApp. The FarApp Bundle is implemented to push real-time price and quantity updates to FarApp as well as enabling token-based authentication.
The third part is to generate a generic discount item so that orders that contain discounts can post successfully to NetSuite.
Expose NetSuite Internal IDs
Expose your NetSuite internal IDs:
- In NetSuite as Administrator, go to Setup > Company > Enable Features > SuiteCloud and check the box for Client SuiteScript if it hasn’t already been checked.
- Go to Home > Set Preferences > General Tab > Set Defaults and check the box for Show Internal IDs if it hasn’t already been checked.
Install the FarApp Bundle
The FarApp Bundle is implemented in NetSuite to push real-time price and quantity updates to FarApp as well as enabling token-based authentication. If you haven’t already installed it please follow the instructions at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/219375948-FarApp-NetSuite-Bundle
Connect NetSuite to FarApp
- To connect your NetSuite to FarApp, follow the steps for NetSuite Token Authentication in this article https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013718667-NetSuite-Token-Based-Authentication.
- If you have a NetSuite sandbox account, you can connect your sandbox account for the duration of the integration then connect production before go-live.
- Please note that FarApp should be connected to your production environment.
Create a Generic Discount Item
After saving your credentials and connecting NetSuite to your FarApp account, the Setup Wizard will launch. You can skip the first step if you have already installed the FarApp bundle. The second step will create a generic discount item which will be used for discounts on orders. The leading practice for discounts is to post all discount, promotion, and/or coupon amounts to this generic discount item on the order header in NetSuite to ensure that discounts post correctly. The Setup Wizard will ask you to specify an account in NetSuite for your discount item. After clicking Submit, FarApp will automatically create this item in NetSuite for you but you can always change it at a later time.
You can learn more about generic discount items at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007809413-Step-2-Order-Sync-Discounts
Configure NetSuite Settings in FarApp
- In your FarApp NetSuite Settings at https://app.farapp.com/settings#/netsuite_settings, select the status you would like to import your orders to NetSuite with - either Default Order Status, Pending Fulfillment Status, or Pending Approval Status. Your selection can be overridden for individual connectors.
- Beneath those statuses, check the box to the left of each of the following settings, if applicable:
- You have a SuiteCloud Plus license for NetSuite
- Pick/pack/ship setting is enabled in your NetSuite
- Line-item taxes are enabled in your NetSuite
- SuitePromotions is enabled in your NetSuite
Once you have completed the Initial Setup outlined in this article, if you have selected a Managed or Enterprise Integration Support you should wait to be contacted by your Integration Specialist for next steps. If you selected Basic Integration Support, the next step is to follow the Order/Fulfillment Sync (Leading Practices) at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000237987-Order-Fulfillment-Sync-Leading-Practices- . If you are are not setting up Order Sync and instead are setting up Product Sync or Price/Qty sync, then follow the Product Sync (Leading Practices) at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000240328-Product-Sync-Leading-Practices-.