FarApp can send the item data from your products in NetSuite to the marketplace/cart. We handle this through product mappings in FarApp. The product mappings are on the Product Mappings page for a given connector. For each attribute, you will need to set up a mapping that indicates the field from NetSuite that holds the data you want to sync and the field that the data will sync to in your marketplace/cart.
Our Item Fields Bundle handles the standard mappings by default so you won’t need any other mappings to post an item successfully. If you want additional mappings then follow the instructions in this section.
NOTE: If you are setting up a Price/Qty category for Price/Qty Sync rather than Full Product Sync, you will only need to set up mappings for the following fields: Category, Flag Field, SKU, Price (optional), and Quantity (optional).
FarApp communicates with NetSuite via Field IDs and Internal IDs. For product mappings, you will need to populate the applicable Field ID and apply it in FarApp to read and translate the data.
- In the FarApp Menu on the left, select the appropriate account and channel.
- Go to Product Settings for the selected account.
- Each channel has multiple categories which FarApp can use to sync products.
- Under Select Sync Type, choose the category for the mapping template you want to create mappings for (some connectors will have a drop down menu to choose the Category).
- Click Add Mapping in the upper right of the page.
- The pop-up window allows you to add mappings for fields belonging to the current mapping template Category.
- There will be up to three dropdowns, one for Required fields (which need to be mapped in order to sync products), Standard fields, and Uncommon fields.
- We recommend starting with those in the Required dropdown.
- For each mapping you add, an entry will be added to the table, which you may then edit. There are two possibilities when you add a mapping:
- In most cases, a mapping will be added which has several options under the Mapping Type column (Use Default, Item Field Mapping, and Item Field Translation Mapping). We will discuss what these types mean in a moment.
- For some fields, like CATEGORY, it requires specific instructions to map them correctly. These mappings will have 'Special Mapping in the Mapping Type column. These will have the option Click here to edit this mapping, which will open a pop-up with individual instructions for that field.
- If a mapping is not a Special Mapping, you will have 3 options under the Mapping Type column:
- Use Default: This is the simplest type of mapping. Enter a value in the Default Value column, and FarApp will always populate the corresponding field with that value when creating or updating products for the current channel and category.
- Item Field Mapping: This allows you to map a field from NetSuite to an item field on your sales channel by entering its Field ID under the NetSuite Field ID column. A common example would be mapping itemId (Item Name/Number) to the SKU, or storeDisplayName to the title. You can still enter a default value in this case, which will be used if the field in the NetSuite Field ID column is not populated for an item.
- Item Field Translation Mapping: Sometimes, the value you have in NetSuite for a field may not be the value you wish to map to your sales channel. This option allows you setup to correspondences, or translations, between NetSuite values and the values FarApp posts to the sales channel for a field. When you select Item Field Translation Mapping, the NetSuite Field ID column value will change to a link. Clicking this link will open a pop-up and allow you to set up the translations.
- If FarApp support has worked on your mappings previously, you may see some mappings with the type 'Custom Mapping'. This indicates that something about your mapping for this field is atypical. If you need to edit one of these mappings, please contact FarApp support.
- In the main mapping page, put in the Field ID that the data will be synced from in NetSuite and put that Field ID in NetSuite Field ID column for the mapping that you just created.
- Click Save.
- You will need to repeat steps similar to those above to set up mappings for any additional mappings you want to setup.
Please proceed with Step 6: Testing Product Sync or Price/Qty Sync .