You can create custom fields in NetSuite to hold any data you'd like. For example, FarApp requires you to create two custom fields for sales order imports and one custom field for each marketplace/cart you want to sync product/inventory to. NetSuite calls custom fields on the line items of transactions (e.g. sales orders, cash sales, etc.) Transaction Column Fields. Here are instructions on how to create these Transaction Column Fields fields in NetSuite:
- In NetSuite, go to Customization->Lists, Records, & Fields->Transaction Column Fields->New.
- Give the new field a Label of your choosing (this is the name of the field that will be visible to you in your NetSuite).
- Give the new field an ID that's easy to identify. Whatever you enter for the ID will be prefixed by "custcol" to make the field ID. FarApp uses this field ID ("custcolXXXX") to sync data to/from NetSuite.
- Give the new field a Type of your choosing. You can get more help on the different types by clicking NetSuite's Help button at the top right.
- In the Applies To tab, select the transaction types that you'd like to display this field. SALE ITEM is for your line items on sales transactions like sales orders and cash sales so you'll want to check that for the field to show up on line items for those transaction types.
- Click Save.
- If you're using custom transaction forms, click Apply to Forms at the top and make sure to check the "SHOW" column for the appropriate forms.