Table of Contents
- Two Types of Syncs
- Best Practices
Two Types of Syncs
FarApp offers two types of product sync 1) Full Product Sync and 2) Price and Quantity Sync (sometimes written as "Price/Qty Sync"). We have customers who use one, the other, or both on their connectors. Here's what they do:
Full Product Sync
FarApp syncs full product data such as title, description, images, price, quantity, etc from NetSuite to your storefront. *Please note that if you are doing a Full Product Sync you do not also need to turn on the Price and Quantity Sync. Price and quantity updates are part of the Full Product Sync.
Customers should create new items in NetSuite and rely on FarApp to create new listings in the storefront.
Price and Quantity Sync
FarApp only syncs price and/or quantity data from NetSuite to your storefront. You have the option of only syncing quantity data, price data or both. The SKUs using this sync must already exist in the storefront. Since FarApp is only sending price and/or quantity data to the storefront along with the SKU it wants to update, FarApp does not actually possess enough information to create a SKU on the storefront. This means that the SKU should already exist on the storefront with the title, description, images, etc that you want.
Both types of product sync mappings can be configured at https://app.farapp.com/settings#/marketplace_cart_settings/product_sync. Please see our guide at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/225798028-Product-Inventory-Sync-Data-Mappings-in-app-farapp-com for more information on how to use that screen.
Full Product Sync Mappings
Full Product Sync mappings vary depending on the storefront your are posting items to. Please see the available storefront-specific integration guides for more information.
- Amazon Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/230497688-Amazon-Integration-Guide#SettingUpFullProductSyncorPrice/QtySyncMappings
- Magento Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/231832627-Magento-Integration-Guide#SettingUpFullProductSyncorPrice/QtySyncMappings
- Shopify Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/229257827-Shopify-Integration-Guide#SettingUpMappings
- eBay Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006636527-eBay-Integration-Guide#SettingUpFullProductSyncorPrice/QtySyncMappings
Additional Storefront Connectors:
- BigCommerce Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006978968-BigCommerce-Integration-Guide#SettingUpFullProductSyncorPrice/QtySyncMappings
- Jet Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011641527-Jet-Integration-Guide#SettingUpProductSyncMappings
- Magento2 Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011514868-Magento2-Integration-Guide#SettingUpMappings
- Miva Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011647887-Miva-Integration-Guide#SettingUpMappings
- Newegg Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011871048-Newegg-Integration-Guide#SettingUpMappings
- Walmart Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011479028-Walmart-Integration-Guide#SettingUpProductSync
- WooCommerce Integration Guide: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007401268-WooCommerce-Integration-Guide#SettingUpMappings
Price and Quantity Sync Mappings
Price and Quantity Sync mappings are generally much easier to set up than Full Product Sync mappings. To set up Price and Quantity Sync mappings, you'll want to click "Add New Category" at https://app.farapp.com/settings#/marketplace_cart_settings/product_sync and select the category that ends with "PriceQty" for the storefront you are setting up (ie: if you are setting up a Price and Quantity Sync for Jet you should select "JetPriceQty").
Once you have added the category, in most cases these are the only mapped fields that are required:
- Flag Field: If you did not install the FarApp for SuiteSuccess bundle in NetSuite, you will need to create a custom item field for each Storefront Flag. The field(s) MUST be a single-character, free-form text field. This article explains how to create custom fields for your items: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/236072108-Adding-Custom-Item-Fields-in-NetSuite. Items with this flag set to “Y” are added/updated on the storefront. Items with the flag set to “N” will be deleted from the storefront. Items where the flag is blank will be ignored by FarApp. You can read more about flag fields at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/217185977-Storefront-Flag-Fields.
- CATEGORY: FarApp uses the CATEGORY mapping for a category to determine whether a particular item should be listed using that category. There are two typical ways to set up this mapping. First, we can check whether a certain field is populated; all items that have a value in that field will be categorized Price/Qty Sync items, in this case. Place a value in the NetSuite Field ID box (and leave Value blank) to use this approach. Usually customers reuse their Flag Field from above for this. Alternatively, we can check whether your chosen field has a certain value for items, and only items having that value will be categorized as Price/Qty. Populate the NetSuite Field ID and Value boxes to use this approach. See FAQs below for situations where you should do this.
- Price: The price of your items. FarApp can use NetSuite price levels (both quantity and not quantity-based) or a custom field. More complicated logic is available upon request.
- Quantity/Qty/Inventory: Different storefronts call this field different things. FarApp can pull quantity available from NetSuite locations/warehouses (you can provide a single location or have FarApp sum up multiple locations) or a custom field. More complicated logic is available upon request.
- sku: This field is important for giving FarApp the ability to match the updates we are sending to the proper items in your storefront. In almost all cases, what you enter for this field should match what you have entered in other places in your dashboard for the sku field.
*Amazon: Amazon has a unique set up for Price and Quantity Sync. You will need to add the InventoryLoader category and set up the above mappings there.
*eBay: eBay has a unique set up for Price and Quantity Sync. Please reference our storefront flag field article at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/217185977-Storefront-Flag-Fields for instructions on how to set your eBay flag field for a Price and Quantity Sync. You will need to add an eBayFixedPrice category (as well as eBayVariations if you plan to update variation listings) and set up the above mappings there.
Full Product Sync
- Depending on the storefront, you are able to sync NetSuite data on your items to existing SKUs on your storefront. We would overwrite your mapped fields with the data we have for those fields in NetSuite, but we would not touch any extra fields and their data that you have not mapped for our sync. However, this does not work for every storefront and needs to be tested first to confirm that it is working as you expect.
- FarApp treats NetSuite as the master of record for your SKU data, so it is best to enter all the product data you would like to see on an SKU into NetSuite and allow FarApp to sync the data. This is easier than maintaining the data on SKUs in the storefront and in NetSuite. If there are any fields in the storefront that you do not want FarApp to update (so that you can manage the data in these fields in the storefront instead of NetSuite).
- Can I Do Both Syncs on the Same Connector?
- Yes. You will need to provide FarApp with a custom field that you use to determine which type of sync a given SKU will use. A SKU cannot sync using both types of sync. It must do one or the other. Customers usually make this custom field either a list (where you select from either a "Full Product Sync" or "Price/Qty Sync" option for each SKU) or a checkbox (ex: custitem_full_product_sync where true = do full pruduct sync, and false = do price/qty sync).
- Why Would I want to Do Both Syncs on the Same Connector?
- It is up to you. This works well for some customers where they want to use Price/Qty sync for their existing SKU's on a storefront. They then use Full Product Sync for new SKU's because they create the new SKU's entirely in NetSuite and let FarApp sync all the product data. It is unusual to do both types of syncs for the same connector and FarApp does not consider it best practice. It can lead to more complex mappings than normally required.