How are fulfilled by merchant (also known as merchant fulfilled network or MFN) and fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) accounts handled differently?
- Listing items and/or inventory: FarApp can list MFN and FBA items under a single Amazon account or an account can be dedicated to just MFN or just FBA items. Listing FBA items is very similar to listing MFN items except that FarApp doesn't sync inventory or fulfillment latency, and toggles the fulfillment center ID to indicate it's an FBA item. FarApp also has the capability to automatically toggle whether an item is FBA or MFN based on whether it's in stock in FBA or not, so let us know if you want us to set that up.
- Importing orders:
- MFN orders are imported as sales orders once they've been paid in Amazon. The inventory is committed once the sales order is approved (FarApp can import it as approved).
- FBA orders are imported once they've been shipped by Amazon. By default they are imported as cash sales since they don't require fulfillment. Cash sales also commit inventory immediately.
- FBA Inventory:
- (NetSuite specific) You should create an Amazon location in NetSuite and let FarApp know the location. FarApp will import cash sales against this location so that the inventory in this location in NetSuite matches the inventory in Amazon's warehouse.
- FarApp can also perform inventory adjustments if necessary using inventory changes in Amazon. Please let us know if you want us to configure this for you.
- It is possible to create Product Sync or Price/Qty Sync mappings that will switch an item from FBA to MFN when FBA runs out of stock. Please open a support ticket to address this issue so we can determine if this would be possible with your setup and what the best way to map this would be.
Does FarApp handle my inbound shipments to Amazon for FBA?
- Yes, FarApp does support this as an add-on feature. By default, this will function as follows:
- You will create a transfer order to indicate what items you'll be sending to Amazon. FarApp will let Amazon know what items are being shipped.
- Amazon will indicate where to ship the items. FarApp will sync this information back so that you can create your shipping labels.
- Once you ship your items, FarApp will sync the shipping details to Amazon.
- Once Amazon receives the items, FarApp will sync those details back to the transfer order in your system.
Does FarApp sync settlement reports?
- Yes. Please click here for more information.
Does FarApp sync returns from Amazon?
- This is normally part of settlement report processing. However, if you don't want to do full settlement report processing, FarApp can be set up to just sync the returns from Amazon so let us know if you want us to configure it that way.
Does FarApp sync returns to Amazon?
- This is on our road map and should be released later this year but it's not available at this time.
I'm using Amazon FBA as a 3PL to ship my non-Amazon (i.e. eCommerce or other) orders. Does FarApp handle this?
- Yes, FarApp supports this. Your non-Amazon orders will first sync to your backend system (e.g. NetSuite). FarApp retrieves them from your system and syncs them to Amazon FBA for shipping. Once they are shipped, FarApp syncs the shipping details back to your system. From there, if the orders originated in a marketplace/cart connected to your system through FarApp, the shipping details will sync to the marketplace/cart.
- FarApp can filter which orders are synced to Amazon FBA for fulfillment. Simply let us know what criteria to use to filter your orders (e.g. a location, a checkbox, etc.) and we will set it up.