FarApp's X-Cart connector was built before X-Cart released a REST API so it requires a direct connection to your X-Cart database. Follow these steps to establish the connection:
- Log in to app.farapp.com.
- At the bottom of the screen, click “Add New Connector”.
- Select X-Cart in the pop-up channel selection window.
- Once you have selected X-Cart you should be taken to a screen where you specify the name of the account for this connector as well as the nickname for this connector. If this is your first connector with this channel then the account name is automatically set to “default”. Once you have the account name and nickname picked out, click "Create Account”.
- Your new account should be created and will appear in at the bottom of your Dashboard. You should be taken automatically to the settings page for this connector. You can always access this page by clicking X-Cart (and the appropriate account) in the FarApp Menu on the left. Then navigate to Settings > Credentials for the connector/account.
- Enter the username and password for one of your database users in the X-Cart Database User and X-Cart Database Password fields, respectively.
- Enter the endpoint to your X-Cart database in the X-Cart Database Endpoint field. This is either the IP address or the URL of your X-Cart database server (which oftentimes is the same server that your X-Cart site runs on). This value shouldn't contain any slashes and shouldn't be preceded by http or https. Also, if you require whitelisting IPs for access, the FarApp IPs needed to whitelist are 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168.
- Finally enter the X-Cart MySQL database name in the X-Cart Database Name field.
- Click the Save and Test Connection button at the bottom to ensure that FarApp can properly connect to your X-Cart store.