Adding the Miva Connector
If you have not done so already, please follow these instructions to add FarApp's Miva connector:
- Log in to app.farapp.com.
- At the bottom of the Dashboard screen, click “Add New Connector”.
- Select Miva in the pop-up channel selection window.
- Once you have selected Miva you should be taken to a screen where you specify the name of the account for this connector as well as the nickname for this connector. If this is your first connector with this channel then the account name is automatically set to “default”. Once you have the account name and nickname picked out, click “Create Account”.
Configuring Allowed Tags in Miva's Remote Provisioning
Miva’s Remote Provisioning requires tags in the payload to be allowed before they can be used. Although some of these tags apply to products and others apply to orders we recommend you enter all of the below tags regardless of which syncs you are using.
Allowed Tags are entered in the “Edit Access Token” window of Miva when creating a Remote Provisioning account and access token.
Please add the following tags:
Configuring the Miva Connector
- If you followed the steps under "Adding the Miva Connector" above, your new account should be created and will appear in at the bottom of your dashboard. You should be taken automatically to the settings page for this connector. You can always access this page by selecting Miva (and the appropriate account) in the FarApp Menu on the left. Then navigate to Settings > Credentials.
- Open a ticket with FarApp team letting us know what your Store Code is. The Store Code in Miva is located under Store Settings > Store Details. FarApp will configure the store code in our system for you, then continue with step 3.
- Enter the username and password for one of your database users in the Miva Database User and Miva Database Password fields, respectively.
- Enter the endpoint to your Miva database in the Miva Database Endpoint field. This value shouldn't contain any slashes and shouldn't be preceded by http or https.
- Finally, enter the Miva MySQL database name in the Miva Database Name field.
- You can find the Miva Database User, Database Endpoint, and Database Name in your Miva Site Control Panel. Follow the steps below.
- Log in to your control panel.
- Navigate to the Domains page.
- Select the Domain Name for your website.
- Select the Databases link in the panel on the right.
- Select the Connection Info link.
- The window that appears displays the host, database name, and primary database user name.
The Host value should be entered in the MIVA DATABASE ENDPOINT field in your FarApp account. If there is a colon and 4 digit port number included at the end of the Host value, that can be omitted when you enter the endpoint in FarArpp. For example, if your Host value isabcd123db.mivamerchant.net:9999, enter abcd123db.mivamerchant.net in the endpoint field in FarApp.
- If you require whitelisting IPs for access, the FarApp IPs needed to whitelist can be found at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/220139128-Quick-Reference-8-FarApp-IPs-to-whitelist. If you are unsure where to enter this in your Miva account, please reach out to Miva support.
- If you will be syncing products, provide the info for the following fields:
- MIVA REMOTE PROVISION ENDPOINT (just the "www.<your site>.com" portion)
- MIVA REMOTE PROVISION TOKEN
- If Miva has implemented an encrypted order retrieval interface for your Miva instance, please fill out the following fields. These fields are only required if you use encrypted order retrieval.
- MIVA DYNAMIC ORDER EXPORT USERNAME
- MIVA DYNAMIC ORDER EXPORT PASSWORD
- MIVA DYNAMIC ORDER EXPORT ENDPOINT (just the "www.<your site>.com" portion)
- MIVA DYNAMIC ORDER EXPORT PAGE (everything after "www.<your site>.com" include the first slash)
- Click the Save and Test Connection button at the bottom to ensure that FarApp can properly connect to your Miva store.