Changing your SKU for your Amazon listings requires more than just simply modifying the SKU. This is because Amazon will not know to take down the old SKU. In order to properly change SKUs for your Amazon listings there are a few methods you can use. You can go through FarApp or you can go through Amazon directly.
Changing the SKU through FarApp
There are two options for you when changing your SKU for FarApp. If you setup a NetSuite field as your ASIN field, then you can follow either option. If you did not setup a NetSuite field as your ASIN field then you will need to use the second option
Option 1: Setting the ASIN
- Find the ASIN of the item you are trying to change the SKU of in Amazon.
- Find the ASIN field that you setup in NetSuite and set the ASIN value there. Once the item resyncs, it should recognize the ASIN and update. If it still does not, proceed to option 2.
Option 2: Resetting your listing
- Make sure your product in NetSuite still has the old SKU set.
- Set the flag field for your item to 'N'.
- Verify that the listing is removed from Amazon.
- Change the SKU of your item to the new SKU.
- Set the flag field for your item to 'Y'.
Changing the SKU through Amazon
- Make sure your product in NetSuite has the new SKU set.
- Go to your Amazon Seller Central and change the SKU on the listing to your new SKU.