FarApp provides a connector between ShipStation and NetSuite that allows you to pull orders in from NetSuite to ShipStation and push fulfillments back from ShipStation to NetSuite. In order to do this you will need to setup FarApp as a Custom Store in your ShipStation account. Part of the setup of the Custom Store requires FarApp user credentials in order to facilitate the connection to FarApp. You may want to consider creating a FarApp user specifically for that connection. Using a set of dedicated credentials can avoid problems that other user credentials run into such as changing the password in your FarApp account and forgetting to update it in ShipStation.
Information on how to add a user to your FarApp account can be found at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049850774
Please use the following procedure to setup ShipStation to connect to FarApp.
- If you haven't already done so, please add the ShipStation connector in your dashboard by following the instructions at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/216636038.
- Once the connector has been added, if you haven't already, log in to app.farapp.com.
- Select the ShipStation connector from the left-side navigation menu and the relevant account (most clients only have a single ShipStation account).
- Navigate to Settings > Credentials.
- Copy the Connection URL displayed on this page. You will need this URL later in this procedure. **Note: Your URL may not be the same as the one shown below.
- Log in to your ShipStation account.
- Click the wrench icon in the top right corner of the page.
- From the settings page, under the Import Orders section, click Selling Channels.
- From the Store Setup page, click Connect a Store or Marketplace.
- From the Add your Store or Marketplace window search on custom store and then click on the Custom Store icon.
- The Connect your Custom Store window will appear. Please fill out the fields as described below.
- URL to Custom XML Page = the connection URL you copied in step #5.
- Username = the username of the FarApp user you will use with the ShipStation connection.
- Password = the password that is used with the username you entered in the Username field above.
**Note: If you change the password in FarApp for this user make sure you update the credentials in ShipStation too or you will break the ShipStation connection. See the opening paragraph of this article for further recommendations.
- Order Statuses = please leave these as default.
- Once you have entered the data as detailed above, click Connect.
- Assuming your credentials are correct, ShipStation will connect to FarApp.
- The Custom Store will be added and displayed for you to edit. Change the Store Name to FarApp in order to differentiate it from other stores in ShipStation.
- Click the Notifications tab and verify the Shipping label is created is selected for the Send marketplace notification when...setting. This tells ShipStation to notify FarApp when an order ships. If this is not set, ShipStation won't automatically send the fulfillment information to FarApp.
- Click Save Changes.
- Your FarApp custom store setup is complete.
The above process is demonstrated below. (click to enlarge the image)