Please note: FarApp only supports SOAP V1 for Magento.
FarApp Magento Extension
If you are going to be syncing items (both new or existing) to Magento to update properties like images, descriptions, etc. you'll need to install our Magento extension. To do so, please follow the instructions at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/216635818-How-to-Install-and-Update-Magento-Extension. Note: The Magento Extension is only required for full product sync.
If for some reason you're unable to download the extension using the instructions below, you can download the extension from here.
Next, navigate to Magento Connect Manager following these steps:
- Log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- Navigate to System->Magento Connect->Magento Connect Manager.
- Log into the Magento Connect Manager with your admin Username and Password.
- In the Extension tab, click Install New Extensions.
- Enter the Key you copied earlier into the field that says Paste extension key to install.
- Click install.
Once installed, please go to http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/farapp_connector. If the extension installed correctly, you should see a message like “The FarApp Connector x.x.x module is installed.”
Please note: Sometimes Magento fails to complete installs. During an install, Magento sets itself in maintenance mode, and if the install fails, you need to clear that. (This is why the extension installation page is available both in maintenance mode and out.) If you navigate to http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/downloader/ you should be able to get it out of maintenance mode there.
- Install SOAP for PHP – This may already be installed on your Magento server.
Note: The following settings are under the System menu, under Web Services. This is NOT a regular user/role.
- In your Magento admin, go to System->Web Services->SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles.
- Click Add New Role at the top right.
- In the Role Info tab, set the Role Name to "farappws" and enter your Magento admin password in the Current Admin Password field.
- In the Role Resources tab, set Resource Access to All.
- Click Save Role to create the role.
- Go to System->Web Services->SOAP/XML-RPC - Users.
- Click Add New User at the top right.
- In the User Info tab, set the User Name, First Name, and Last Name fields all to farapp.
- Set the Email to farapp@YOUR_DOMAIN.
- Enter your Magento admin password in the Current Admin Password field.
- Set the API Key and API Key Confirmation fields to a secret string of your choice (please note this because you will need to enter it in the FarApp dashboard).
- In the User Role tab, select "farappws".
- Click Save User at the top right.
The Magento endpoint URL for FarApp is (most likely) in this form:
The Magento WSDL URL for FarApp is (most likely) in this form:
Alternatively you can try this format for the endpoint URL: http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/api/soap
And for the WSDL URL:
- You can test by looking WSDL URL, it should show up properly in a web browser.
- Your “BASE URL” is listed in Magento under System : Configuration : General : Web : Unsecure.
- Please enter these URLs, User Name, and the API Key in the appropriate text fields in your Magento dashboard.
**Please note: If you browse to http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/api/soap/index/ and you see an error such as SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from 'http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/api/soap/index/?wsdl=1' : failed to load external entity "http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/api/soap/index/?wsdl=1" it indicates a configuration issue with your server and FarApp will not be able to connect. This error indicates that your server can't access its own webpages using the URL for the server (i.e it can't resolve its own hostname). If you log into your server and open a browser and try to browse to your Magento site, you won't be able to access it (and FarApp won't be able to connect) until you resolve the configuration issue.