Important: FarApp only supports V1 of SOAP for Magento, when you install, make sure you are installing V1
- Install SOAP for Magento – This may already be installed in your Magento instance.
Note: The following settings are under the System menu, under Web Services. This is NOT a regular user/role.
- In your Magento admin, go to System->Web Services->SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles.
- Click Add New Role at the top right.
- In the Role Info tab, set the Role Name to "farappws" and enter your Magento admin password in the Current Admin Password field.
- In the Role Resources tab, set Resource Access to All.
- Click Save Role to create the role.
- Go to System->Web Services->SOAP/XML-RPC - Users.
- Click Add New User at the top right.
- In the User Info tab, set the User Name, First Name, and Last Name fields all to farapp.
- Set the Email to farapp@YOUR_DOMAIN.
- Enter your Magento admin password in the Current Admin Password field.
- Set the API Key and API Key Confirmation fields to a secret string of your choice (please note this because you will need to enter it in the FarApp dashboard).
- In the User Role tab, select "farappws".
- Click Save User at the top right.
The Magento URLs for FarApp are (most likely) in the form:
- You can test by looking at the second link (wsdl), it should show up properly in a web browser.
- Your “BASE URL” is listed in Magento under System : Configuration : General : Web : Unsecure.
- Please enter these URLs, User Name, and the API Key in the appropriate text fields in your Magento dashboard.
**Please note: If you browse to http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/api/soap/index/ and you see an error such as SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from 'http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/api/soap/index/?wsdl=1' : failed to load external entity "http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/api/soap/index/?wsdl=1" it indicates a configuration issue with your server and FarApp will not be able to connect. This error indicates that your server can't access its own webpages using the URL for the server (i.e it can't resolve its own hostname). If you log into your server and open a browser and try to browse to your Magento site, you won't be able to access it (and FarApp won't be able to connect) until you resolve the configuration issue.
FarApp Magento Extension
If you are going to be syncing items (both new or existing) to Magento to update properties like images, descriptions, etc. you'll need to install our Magento extension. To do so, please follow the instructions at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/216635818-How-to-Install-and-Update-Magento-Extension. Note: The Magento Extension is only required for full product sync.