*The following steps are only for Magento. Magento2 currently does not use an extension with FarApp.
Install the Magento Extension
If for some reason you're unable to download the extension using the instructions below, you can download the extension from here.
Next, navigate to Magento Connect Manager following these steps:
- Log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- Navigate through System >> Magento Connect >> Magento Connect Manager.
- Log in to the Magento Connect Manager with your admin Username and Password.
- In the Extension tab >> Install New Extensions
- Enter the Key you copied earlier into the field that says "Paste extension key to install."
- Click install.
Once installed, please go to http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/YOUR_SHOP_PAGE/index.php/farapp_connector. If the extension installed correctly, you should see a message like “The FarApp Connector x.x.x module is installed.”
NOTE: Sometimes Magento fails to complete installs. During an install, Magento sets itself in maintenance mode, and if the install fails, you need to clear that. (This is why the extension installation page is available both in maintenance mode and out.) If you navigate to http://YOUR_DOMAIN_OR_IP/downloader/ you should be able to get it out of maintenance mode there.
Update the Magento Extension
- Login to your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager.
- On the Extensions Tab click on Check for Upgrades.
The Magento Connect manager will automatically connect to the server and check for available upgrades. If you have an extension that has a published upgrade they will be colored in yellow and you will be able to apply the upgrade to your Magento module. Note that it is again extremely important to backup your Magento online store before applying the upgrade. If the FarApp extension doesn't show up the list in this step or the following steps, but you are certain you did install the FarApp extension, then it was installed manually using the source code by your developer. You will have to ask your developer to do one of the following:
- Upgrade the FarApp extension via the same manual installation method directly on the server.
- Uninstall the FarApp extension so you can install the latest version using the regular method detailed in the section above.
- From the Actions drop-down menu you will be able to select the desired upgrade version. Then click Commit Changes to proceed with the upgrade.
The chosen upgrade will be automatically downloaded and applied.
- Once the extension is upgraded you can refresh the page via the Refresh button. Then check the current status of your extension. You will find the yellow color has been removed for your Upgraded Extension and the Installed column has changed to the version number you just installed.
- You can now click Return to Admin and make sure that your online store is properly functioning and there are no errors.