The Item Fields Bundle automates the creation of the fields in NetSuite you will need to use our product sync features. The bundle performs the following tasks:
Creates flag fields in NetSuite that you use to tell FarApp how to handle the product in relation to our product sync. For more information on the storefront flag fields see this article: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/217185977-Storefront-Flag-Fields
Creates custom fields in NetSuite for specific marketplace/cart data. For example, the ASIN and Product Type fields for Amazon are created.
Pre-populates the product mappings in FarApp to use common NetSuite fields as well as the custom fields the bundle created in NetSuite. WARNING: If you create product mappings before you install the Item Fields Bundle, the bundle will detect that you have existing mappings and completely abort the auto-mapping process so as not to interfere with what was already set. This may leave you with many required fields to manually map.
NOTE: You will need to follow ALL the steps below in each section to complete installing the FarApp Marketplace/Cart Item Fields Bundle correctly.
Creating Subtabs for the Item Creation Screen
When you create an item in NetSuite, you will need to populate a number of fields with information like the item's description, weight, color, etc. NetSuite organizes these fields within subtabs. FarApp requires several unique fields in order to sync your items from NetSuite to your storefronts automatically. These steps will walk you through creating these special subtabs for these fields.
- Make sure you are logged into your NetSuite account.
- Navigate to Customization > Forms > Subtabs.
- Navigate to the Item tab.
- Add a "TITLE" field for each of the storefronts that you will be adding a connector for.
- The list of storefronts includes: Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Miva, WooCommerce, Walmart, Jet, Spree, ChannelAdvisor, Magento 2
- For the value of the TITLE field, populate the storefront name exactly as in the list above
- Select "Add". The example below shows what would be entered for the storefront BigCommerce:
- Also add the following in its own TITLE field: Marketplace/Cart.
- Once entered, select "Add".
- For the example of adding the storefront BigCommerce, your screen will now look like this:
- Select "Save".
- You will be redirected to the Setup Manager Menu.
- From the navigation menu on the left-side of the screen, select Forms > Subtabs.
- You will be returned to the Custom Subtabs menu. Now create additional fields, 3 of which will nest under the newly created storefront name field and 2 of which will nest under the Marketplace/Cart field. To do this, navigate to the Item tab again.
- Add the 3 additional TITLE fields for each of the storefronts that you will be adding a connector for:
- Add "Required" (without quotes) to the TITLE field and select the storefront that you just created as the PARENT field from the available drop-down.
- Add "Optional" (without quotes) to the TITLE field and select the storefront that you just created as the PARENT field from the available drop-down.
- Add "Not Common" (without quotes) to the TITLE field and select the storefront that you just created as the PARENT field from the available drop-down.
- Add the 2 additional TITLE fields for Marketplace/Cart:
- Add "Required" (without quotes) to the TITLE field and select Marketplace/Cart as the PARENT field from the available drop-down.
- Add "Optional" (without quotes) to the TITLE field and select Marketplace/Cart as the PARENT field from the available drop-down.
- For the example of adding the storefront BigCommerce, your Custom Subtabs>Item tab will look like the screenshot below. Select Save.
- Please note that if you name something incorrectly, in the upcoming section "Creating the Product Sync Fields Using Item Fields Bundle" Step #5, the Item Fields bundle will provide feedback if these Custom Subtabs have an error and if so, which tab or subtab you need to return to and recreate.
Installing the Item Fields Bundle on NetSuite
- To begin installing the bundle, login to your NetSuite account.
- Navigate to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles
- Enter ‘FarApp Marketplace/Cart - Item Fields’ in the KEYWORDS field and Click Search (see screenshot below)
- Under “Name”, select the clickable text FarApp Marketplace/Cart - Item Fields
- Click Install
- Click Install Bundle, then Click Ok
- This will redirect you to the list of your installed bundles. You will see the first in the list as “Loading”. After allowing some time, click Refresh and confirm you see “FarApp Marketplace/Cart - Item Fields"
Creating the Product Sync Fields Using Item Fields Bundle
- After the FarApp Marketplace/Cart - Item Fields bundle has been installed, navigate to Setup >FarApp > Marketplace/Cart Fields.
- Select the Marketplace/Cart you will be integrating with. For this example, we have selected "Shopify".
- Then enter the number of accounts you plan to set up with FarApp for that Marketplace/Cart. For this example, we have entered "1".
- You will need to do this multiple times if you have multiple Marketplaces/Carts that you want to integrate.
- Select "Submit"
- One of the following messages will populate:
- If this message says that the fields are being created and that an email will be sent when the field creation task is finished, then you have completed the steps for installing the FarApp Marketplace/Cart - Item Fields Bundle.
- If there were errors in creating the Custom Subtabs, the error message will populate at this point with the "RESULT" and the reason for the error. If you receive a RESULT about a missing required subtab, go back to the steps in the "Creating Subtabs for the Item Creation Screen" section and review the parent tab and subtabs. Storefront names must match the Marketplace/Cart field exactly as indicated.
Updating the Marketplace/Cart - Item Fields Bundle
- Periodically, we release updates to the Item Fields Bundle. When previewing a bundle update, make sure that the "Preference" drop-down is set to "Replace Data".
- Then click "Update Bundle" to update to the latest version of the Item Fields Bundle.