Obtaining Your 3dcart Credentials
Enabling REST API
FarApp connects to 3dcart via 3dcart's REST API functionality. The REST API should be enabled by default with your 3dcart account. To confirm if it is available for your store please login into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and use the left hand navigation menu to:
- Go to Modules
- Once there, use the search bar at the top to search for “REST API”
Once completed, you will see the REST API icon and a link labeled “Change Settings” which will allow you to manage and add your REST API Connected apps.
Admin User and Admin User API Key
Next, you will need to locate your admin user and API key. To do this:
- Go to Settings
- Click General > Store Settings
- Scroll to the bottom to API Settings
- Click Change Settings
- Click Enable API
- Select Admin user (designate the appropriate user for your organization)
- Make a note of the API User Key
Store URL and Secure URL
Lastly, you will need to locate your store URL and secure URL. To do this:
- Go to Settings > General > Store Settings
- Click on the Store tab
- Make note of your Store URL and Secure URL
Setting Up Your FarApp Connector
Follow steps 1-5 if you have not already added your 3dcart connector.
- Log in to app.farapp.com.
- At the top of the screen click “Dashboard”.
- At the bottom of the Dashboard screen, click “Add New Connector”.
- Select 3dcart in the pop-up channel selection window.
- Once you have selected 3dcart you should be taken to a screen where you specify the name of the account for this connector as well as the nickname for this connector. If this is your first connector with this channel then the account name is automatically set to “default”. Once you have the account name and nickname picked out, click “Add Account”.
- Your new account should be created and will appear in at the bottom of your dashboard. You should be taken automatically to the settings page for this connector. You can always access this page by clicking the “Edit” button to the right of the account in the dashboard.
- Please enter your Store URL, 3dcart User, API User Key (aka 3dcart Key) and 3dcart Secure URL all obtained above.
- Click the Save Settings button at the bottom.
- Click the Test Connection button at the bottom to ensure that FarApp can properly connect to your 3dcart store.
Installing App to Sync Inventory
Install the 3DCart app. This app is required for the inventory to sync. There is an Authorization button at the top of the 3DCart Settings: so you can install this app. You will need to also authorize the account using this button if you want to do price/qty sync for 3DCart.