Table of Contents
- Setting Up NetSuite
- Setting Up ShippingEasy
- Creating a FarApp Account
- Setting Up FarApp
- Setting Up Order and Fulfillment Sync for ShippingEasy
- Next Steps and Additional Information
Welcome, and thank you for choosing FarApp. To get started with your FarApp integration, please follow the steps below.
We provide a number of support plans for our customers to best meet the needs of their businesses. You can read more about each plan here: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/222413588-Support-Tiers For customers in the Managed/Priority or Enterprise Integration or Ongoing plans, if you would like to not go through the steps in this article, or if you would like assistance going through it, please open a ticket with us and we will be able to assist you. If you are not part of either of these plans, but would like to sign up for one, please contact us and we will set you up with your desired plan.
Setting Up NetSuite
This article also assumes that you have already created a NetSuite account and are familiar with creating Items, Sales Order/Cash Sales and the accounting processes you will be using.
Preparing NetSuite to Connect to FarApp
- From your NetSuite home page, go to Setup > Company > Enable Features, and select the SuiteCloud tab.
- In the section "SuiteTalk (Web Services)", make sure the Web Services checkbox is checked. If not, check the box, and save your settings.
- Go to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences and make a note of your Account Number for use below.
- In the upcoming steps you will be giving FarApp access to your NetSuite. You can choose to assign the user you give FarApp an the administrator role—usually internal ID 3. (You can find your current user rule ID following that steps at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014364008-How-to-Find-Your-NetSuite-Role-ID.) If you do not want to give the FarApp user the administrator role, you will need to make sure that the FarApp user has the following permissions:
- Lists > Accounts Full
- Lists > Customers Full
- Lists > Items Full
- Lists > Locations View
- Lists > Payment Methods View
- Lists > Documents and Files Full
- Transactions > Sales Order Full
- Transactions > Sales Order Approval Full
- Transactions > Find Transaction Full
- Transactions > Item Fulfillment View
- Setup > Web Services Full
- Setup > Accounting Lists View
- Setup > Custom Item Fields View
- Setup > Custom Transaction Fields Full
- Setup > Custom Fields Full
- Setup > Custom Lists Full
- Setup > Custom Record Types Full
- Setup > Other Custom Fields View
- Setup > Other Lists View
- Setup > Custom Body Fields Full
- Lists > Currency View
- Lists > Shipping Items
- Transactions > Invoice View
- Transactions > Fulfill Sales Orders View
- Transactions > Credit Memos
- Transactions > Fulfill Sales Orders Full (for 3PL integrations only)
Configuring NetSuite to Allow You To View Field ID's and Internal ID's
- Go to Setup > Company > Enable Features > SuiteCloud and check the box for Client SuiteScript if it hasn’t already been checked.
- Go to Home > Set Preferences > General Tab > Set Defaults and check the box for Show Internal IDs if it hasn’t already been checked.
- For additional information on this, please reference this article: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/216635418-NetSuite-Internal-IDs-and-Field-IDs
Setting Up ShippingEasy
This article assumes that you already have a ShippingEasy account and are familiar with using it to print labels, pack and ship orders.
Setting Up Your FarApp for NetSuite Store in ShippingEasy
- Login to your ShippingEasy account.
- Click on "Dashboard" at the top left to navigate to your ShippingEasy dashboard: https://app.shippingeasy.com/dashboard
- Click on "Add Another Store" in the panel on the left.
- Click "+ Add New"
- Click on the "* Platform" dropdown menu and select "FarApp for NetSuite."
- Click "Save."
- You should now see a form that allows you to fill out your account information. You can leave the "API Configuration" section as is.
- Save your settings. You will be redirected to your stores page (https://app.shippingeasy.com/settings/stores) where you can view your newly created store.
- Make a note of your "Store API Key." You will need to enter this into FarApp in a later step.
Getting Your ShippingEasy API Key and API Secret
You should now have your Store API Key. ShippingEasy provides these steps for finding the two other keys you will need, API Key and API Secret: https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/203086859-How-do-I-access-ShippingEasy-s-open-API-to-build-a-custom-integration-
- The API credentials that you require can by found by going to SETTINGS from the blue navigation bar.
- Under ACCOUNT SETTINGS, click API CREDENTIALS.
- Here you will find a unique API Key and API Secret for your ShippingEasy account.
Creating a FarApp Account
- Navigate to http://www.farapp.com/
- Click "Sign Up"
- On the new screen, populate the required fields and agree to the Subscription.
- Click "Submit."
- Check your inbox for an email from FarApp at the email address you entered in step 3 and follow the link provided in the email to activate your FarApp subscription at http://www.app.farapp.com/dashboard.
Setting Up FarApp
Connecting FarApp to NetSuite
- To get started, login at https://app.farapp.com/dashboard. This page will be the hub for your activity within FarApp, allowing you to setup and manage accounts, as well as test and oversee order processing. After this, please follow the steps below. Not all of our customers follow all of the steps, however, because not all of ours customers will need to connect the same things (i.e. if you do not want to connect a 3PL such as ShippingEasy, please skip that portion).
- A popup window will prompt you to choose your Master System. You will be using NetSuite as your Master System.
- Click ‘Edit’ for the NetSuite connector, and enter your NetSuite account information. Please note that you can add multiple NetSuite logins on this page. Unless you have a SuiteCloud Plus license, most NetSuite accounts only allow a single concurrent session to NetSuite. If you process a large number of transactions (1,000+/day) or have a lot of SKUs (50,000+), it may benefit you to enter more than one NetSuite login. If you have SuiteCloud Plus, please let us know so that we can configure your account to take advantage of multiple concurrent sessions.
- Enter your Account Number that you made a note of above.
- Make sure to check the "Active" box for any additional logins that you want FarApp to use. If you want to deactivate one of these additional logins so that FarApp doesn’t use the login, you can either uncheck the box in the “Login Active” column or delete the row.
- Enter the email for the user you want to assign to FarApp. This is the email account with which you log into NetSuite. It can be an account dedicated to FarApp (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or it can be one of your existing accounts. FarApp uses web services to communicate with NetSuite. Since web services sessions don’t conflict with interactive sessions, you can be logged into NetSuite at the same time as FarApp. The only benefit to providing FarApp its own credentials is if you want to control permissions separately for FarApp and/or if you want to be able to view the history of changes made by each user in NetSuite. If you do decide to provide FarApp its own unique login, please use your own domain (e.g. email@example.com) and not the “farapp.com” domain.
- Enter the password associated with this NetSuite account.
- Assign the user the internal ID of the NetSuite role you want to assign to this email. If you are not going to assign a role, please make sure the FarApp user has the permissions listed in the section above.
- Once you populate the information above, please click “Save Settings”. This will save the settings in FarApp and test them to make sure that FarApp can properly log into NetSuite.
- If the NetSuite account you are connecting FarApp to is a sandbox account, please go to https://app.farapp.com/dashboard, click on the the gear icon at the top right, select Settings and go to the NetSuite Settings Page in the left panel. Flag the first checkbox on that page for "The NetSuite account you're connecting is a sandbox account and not a production account."
Connecting FarApp to ShippingEasy
- Return to https://app.farapp.com/dashboard.
- If the pop up window for adding a connector is not already present click the "Add New Connector" button at the bottom of the page.
- In the pop up window, click the 3PLs tab and then click on the logo for ShippingEasy. You will be prompted to select an integration support plan. You can read more about out integration support plans at https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009555447-Customer-Success. Finally, enter a name and nickname for the new account.
After you have saved your settings, you may be redirected to your dashboard homepage: https://app.farapp.com/dashboard If so, click on "Edit" beside your ShippingEasy connector to take you back to your settings page: https://app.farapp.com/storefronts/ShippingEasy/default/edit Here you should:
- Enter the API Key and API Secret you save from above into the corresponding fields and your Store API Key into "ShippingEasy Store API Key."
- Click "Save Settings."
After you add the ShippingEasy connector, you may see that the status column here https://app.farapp.com/dashboard says "Disabled." If this is the case, please click "Edit" to the right of the status and enable the connector.
Setting Up Order and Fulfillment Sync for ShippingEasy
Mapping the SKU Field
The SKU Field is the field that FarApp uses to link up the line items on your orders with their corresponding items in NetSuite. In order to properly match up the items, FarApp needs to know what field in NetSuite you use as your SKU field. To get your SKU field mapped, follow these steps:
- Please return to your FarApp dashboard at https://app.farapp.com/dashboard.
- Navigate to the General Settings for your MarketPlace/Cart by clicking the gear icon in the top right, clicking "Settings" and selecting "General Settings" under "ShippingEasy Settings" in the column on the left side of the screen (direct link is https://app.farapp.com/settings#/3pl_settings/general_settings).
- On this page you will see a text field labeled "NetSuite SKU Field" as shown here:
- In NetSuite, find the field ID of the field that you use as your SKU field and enter it into the text field (e.g. itemId for Item/Name Number), then click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
You will notice two other settings on this page:
- Check here if you have pick/pack/ship enabled in NetSuite and want to export the pick tickets instead of orders to ShippingEasy.
- Skip over NetSuite orders with backordered line items.
Please check the boxes beside them as appropriate for your NetSuite configuration and click "Save" at the bottom of the page again.
Turning on Your Order Sync
You can turn your Order Sync by clicking the appropriate button here: https://app.farapp.com/storefronts/ShippingEasy/default/edit FarApp's Order Sync will retrieve and post orders to ShippingEasy for you every 20 minutes.
*Note: FarApp will "stage" orders here https://app.farapp.com/orders that are ready to go to your ShippingEasy account. You can check on the statuses of your orders in FarApp on that page. Fulfilled orders will have the status "Complete" and will not be visible on that page by default. You can change the filter on your orders using the menu shown below:
Turning on Your Fulfillment Sync
You can turn your Fulfillment Sync by clicking the appropriate button here: https://app.farapp.com/storefronts/ShippingEasy/default/edit FarApp's Fulfillment Sync will retrieve and post fulfilled orders from ShippingEasy back to NetSuite for you every 20 minutes.
The fulfillment data including tracking numbers will automatically sync back to your NetSuite. FarApp will generate item fulfillment records for each shipped order and the orders will be marked as fulfilled in your NetSuite.
If you also have a marketplace/cart connector(s) with FarApp, you can activate the Fulfillment Sync(s) for that connector and FarApp will automatically sync fulfillment data including tracking numbers to the storefront every 90 minutes to update the end customer.
By default, the FarApp Order Sync will sync orders to ShippingEasy that are in the "Pending Fulfillment" and "Pending Billing" states in your NetSuite and that have not already been retrieved and synced to your ShippingEasy account previously.
FarApp is able to filter orders so that only orders that meet certain criteria are synced to your ShippingEasy account. If you would like to set up a filter, please open a ticket with us and describe the logic you would like to use for the filter. In order to filter orders out of the sync to ShippingEasy, FarApp will need to reference fields on the Sales Order records in your NetSuite, so please make sure the logic you would like to use references fields on your Sales Orders.
Setting Up Your Notification Settings
It is important to monitor the "health" of your FarApp integration by staying on top of any orders, items, refunds, etc that might have errors when FarApp tries to sync data for them. The best and easiest way to do this to configure you Notification settings in FarApp so FarApp will send you daily error report emails for your different types of syncs.
You can manage all the various notifications that FarApp can send at https://app.farapp.com/settings#/notification_settings. All settings accept a comma-separated list of email addresses to send the reports to. Some notifications may not be sent unless your FarApp account is currently processing those types of feeds. For example, if FarApp isn't setup to process custom record updates, then adding your emails to that field won't have an effect.
Next Steps and Additional Information
Your Order Sync and Fulfillment Sync have now been configured for your ShippingEasy connector. FarApp will retrieve and post orders to ShippingEasy and send tracking and other fulfillment data back to NetSuite for you.
Please see this article if you have any questions on the process for going live with FarApp: https://support.farapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012240747-The-Go-Live-Process
Please contact FarApp if you have any questions on the step above or have any suggestions for how we can improve our documentation.