Adding Your Walmart Connector
If you have not already added a Walmart Connector, please follow these steps. If you already have a Walmart connector, please skip to the next section.
- Log in to app.farapp.com.
- At the top of the screen click “Dashboard”.
- At the bottom of the Dashboard screen, click “Add New Connector”.
- Select Walmart in the pop-up channel selection window.
- Once you have selected Walmart you should be taken to a screen where you specify the name of the account for this connector as well as the nickname for this connector. If this is your first connector with this channel then the account name is automatically set to “default”. Once you have the account name and nickname picked out, click “Add Account”.
- Your new account should be created and will appear in at the bottom of your dashboard. You should be taken automatically to the settings page for this connector. You can always access this page by clicking the “Edit” button to the right of the account in the dashboard.
Obtaining Your Walmart Credentials
If you want to use Walmart's Rest APIs to manage your business in any way, you need a Consumer ID and a Private Key to access the APIs. These API credentials can be generated from Seller Center. You will also need the value for the Channel Type header to send information to the API.
To access the API credentials page:
Click on the gear icon in the top-right to open the General Settings menu.
** Note: Admins should see this entire menu. If you don't see the API section, you may not have the correct Role Type. **
- In the API section, click on the Consumer IDs & Private Keys link. The API page will display on the Consumer IDs & Private Keys tab. From there, you will generate your credentials for the first time.
In order to view your Private Key again, you will need to regenerate it by clicking on the Regenerate Key button, which will deactivate your previous Private Key. Your Consumer ID will remain unchanged.
- Copy and Paste your Private Key, your Consumer ID and your Channel Type value into an outside file for record-keeping purposes.
Connecting Your Walmart Connector
- Log in to app.farapp.com.
- Click "Edit" beside your Walmart connector.
- Enter the WalmartConsumerID and WalmartPrivateKey into their corresponding fields.
- Click the Save Settings button at the bottom.
- Click the Test Connection button at the bottom to ensure that FarApp can properly connect to your Walmart store.
- Open a case with Walmart Support letting them know that FarApp is your Channel Partner.
We support both Walmart Marketplace and Walmart DSV/Supplier. The only difference is that for DSV, you will also need to populate the ship nodes (Distribution Center IDs) below the Walmart Consumer ID and Walmart Private Key in the dashboard.