FarApp is able to sync a refund from the storefront to NetSuite, or from NetSuite to the storefront, but there are some best practices to keep in mind:
- If the storefront is a marketplace, such as Amazon or eBay, the leading practice is to perform the refund in the storefront and have FarApp sync the refund to NetSuite. This is because, if a customer wants a refund, they can request/perform the refund themselves in the marketplace site.
NOTE: For eBay, the refund MUST have been requested from the Buyer's eBay account BEFORE you issue the refund from your eBay seller account. If you issue a refund on the order without the buyer first requesting it from their account, it will appear as an external transaction in the API and FarApp will not be able to retrieve the refund.
- If the storefront is a cart, such as Shopify or Magento, the leading practice is to perform the refund in NetSuite and have FarApp sync the refund to the storefront. This is because, if a customer wants a refund, they have to message the team that runs the site to request a refund directly.
*Note: You cannot sync refunds in both directions for a single account under one connector. For example, if you have one Shopify account, you need to choose which way you want to sync your refunds (either TO NetSuite or FROM NetSuite but you can't sync both ways). If you have multiple Shopify accounts though you can choose the sync directionality for each account. Also, you can set refunds to sync either way for different connectors (e.g. TO NetSuite for Shopify, FROM NetSuite for WooCommerce).
If you would like to setup refund sync, please contact FarApp and let us know which direction you would like us to sync refunds for a given connector: NetSuite to storefront or storefront to NetSuite Please also provide us with the Order ID of an order you have already refunded that you would like us to sync for you. After we are able to sync this first refund, and you confirm that everything looks correct with it, we will turn on your processes that allow refunds to sync automatically.
- To configure assorted settings on your refund sync, select your connector and account in the FarApp menu on the left and then navigate Settings > Other Transactions > Refund.
- Click Advanced Settings to view all refund settings.
- The Post positive refund adjustments against item and Post negative refund adjustments against item are used to post partial refunds to NetSuite. Create Other Charge for Sale type items in your NetSuite and make sure they are both not fulfillable and set to a taxable tax schedule then add the internal IDs to the settings in FarApp.