FarApp supports exporting NetSuite generic saved searches to FTP/SFTP feeds. There is a $50 per feed charge. If you are interested in taking advantage of this feature but are not sure whether the FTP/SFTP destination you have in mind is supported, please do the following:
Before you Install
- Locate documentation provided by your destination feed/server that mentions whether or not they support FTP/SFTP uploads.
- If your intended destination supports FPT/SFTP uploads, locate instructions provided by the destination feed/server for manually uploading a file via FTP/SFTP.
- Follow the steps in those instructions. If you are not able to manually upload a file via those protocols, FarApp will not be able to do so either!
Installing the FarApp Saved Search Bundle on NetSuite
To install the FarApp Saved Search Export bundle:
- Log in to NetSuite.
- Navigate to Customization > SiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles.
- Search for FarApp Saved Search Export.
- Install the bundle.
- If your NetSuite credentials in FarApp at https://app.farapp.com/storefronts/NetSuite/edit are configured to use token-based authentication and not email/password, then skip to step 7.
- After the bundle has installed you will need to create an application. To do this you will need to
- Navigate to Setup > Integration > Manage Integrations > New.
- Create a new Integration record. Enter the following details
- Name: FarApp Saved Search
- State: Enabled
- Authentication tab > User credentials = TRUE
- Once you have created the integration you should see an application ID. Copy this ID.
- You will need this ID when you enter the credentials into the script.
- Navigate to the script to enter your FarApp credentials (the credentials you use to log into FarApp) following these steps:
- Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Script Deployments.
- From the Drop down that says Scripts select Saved Search Export Scheduled Script.
- Click Edit on the deployment that shows up in the list.
- Click the Parameters tab and enter your FarApp credentials (the credentials you use to log into FarApp) in the text fields.
- If your NetSuite credentials in FarApp are configured with your email/password, under Application ID paste the ID you copied from the end of step 6. Otherwise, you can leave this field blank.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Setup > Company >General Preferences.
- Click the Custom Preferences tab.
- Under the section titled FarApp Saved search Export enter your FarApp credentials (the credentials you use to log into FarApp) and application ID.
*Please be sure to only install the FarApp Saved Search bundle on the account you currently have connected to FarApp here: https://app.farapp.com/settings#/netsuite_settings (e.g. if you have both a NetSuite sandbox and live NetSuite, please ensure you only install it on one of these at a time).
Creating a Saved Search Export
Now that you have the bundle installed and setup, you can start creating saved search exports to get files out to FTP's. Follow these steps to get a saved search setup:
- From the search bar at the top of NetSuite search for Saved Search Export and click the result that says New Saved Search Export.
- From the main section at the top enter all the information on the file you want to save, the search you want to use, and how you want the file to be formatted.
- From the Schedule tab select which days you want the script to run, how often you want it to run, and the time you want it to run at if you have a specific time of day you need an export run.
IMPORTANT: For the interval, do not select New and create your own interval. This will not work. Please use the options that are already provided.
- From the FTP tab enter the information for the FTP server you wish to send the file to.
Feeds We Support
As we continue to implement this feature for more and more customers to more and more destinations we will grow this list below of destinations we are already uploading files to.
- Google Please follow the steps found in this article for manually uploading your first file via SFTP: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160627?hl=en&ref_topic=3404780.
- Bing Please follow the steps found in this article for manually uploading your first file via FTP: http://help.bingads.microsoft.com/apex/index/3/en-ca/51086.
It looks like the FTP only updates the file timestamp if it detects that the file is different.
So it is working but the contents aren't changing the timestamp wouldn't change.
We've added functionality to our Saved Search Export bundle error reporting. If there are any related errors, they will show up in NetSuite under the history for the Saved Search script deployment. This error messaging can help you diagnose any issues you may encounter.