FarApp supports exporting NetSuite generic saved searches to FTP/SFTP feeds. There is a $50 per feed charge. If you are interested in taking advantage of this feature but are not sure whether the FTP/SFTP destination you have in mind is supported, please do the following:
Before you Install
- Locate documentation provided by your destination feed/server that mentions whether or not they support FTP/SFTP uploads.
- If your intended designation supports FPT/SFTP uploads, locate instructions provided by the destination feed/server for manually uploading a file via FTP/SFTP.
- Follow the steps in those instructions. If you are not able to manually upload a file via those protocols, FarApp will not be able to do so either!
Installing the FarApp Saved Search Bundle on NetSuite
- To install the FarApp Saved Search Export bundle, log on to NetSuite and go to Customization > SiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles. Search for 'FarApp Saved Search Export'
- After the bundle has installed you will need to create an application. To do this you will need to
a. Navigate to Setup > Integration > Manage Integrations > New
b. Create a new Integration record. Enter the following details
- Name: FarApp Saved Search
- State: Enabled
- Authentication tab > User credentials = TRUE
c. Once you have created the integration you should see an application id. Copy this id
d. You will need this id when you enter the credentials into the script
- Now that you have your application id, you will need to navigate to the script to enter your FarApp credentials (the credentials you use to log into FarApp) following these steps:
a. Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Script Deployments
b. From the Drop down that says 'Scripts' select 'Saved Search Export Scheduled Script'
c. Click 'Edit' on the deployment that shows up in the list.
d. Click the 'Parameters' tab and enter your FarApp credentials (the credentials you use to log into FarApp) in the text fields.
e. Under 'Application ID' paste the id you copied from the end of step 5
f. Click 'Save'
g. Navigate to Setup > Company >General Preferences
h. Click the 'Custom Preferences' tab
i. Under the section titled 'FarApp Saved search Export' enter your FarApp credentials (the credentials you use to log into FarApp) and app id
*Please be sure to only install the FarApp Saved Search bundle on the account you currently have connected to FarApp here: https://app.farapp.com/settings#/netsuite_settings (e.g. if you have both a NetSuite sandbox and live NetSuite, please ensure you only install it on one of these at a time)
Creating a Saved Search Export
Now that you have the bundle installed and setup, you can start created saved search exports to get files out to FTP's. Follow these steps to get a saved search setup:
- From the search bar at the top of NetSuite search for 'Saved Search Export' and click the result that says 'New Saved Search Export'
- From the main section at the top enter all the information on the file you want to save, the search you want to use, and how you want the file to be formatted
- From the 'Schedule' tab select which days you want the script to run, how often you want it to run, and the time you want it to run at if you have a specific time of day you need an export run.
IMPORTANT: For the interval, do not select 'New' and create your own interval. This will not work. Please use the options that are already provided
- From the 'FTP' tab enter the information for the FTP server you wish to send the file to
Feeds We Do Support
As we continue to implement this feature for more and more customers to more and more destinations we will grow this list below of destinations we are already uploading files to.
- Google Please follow the steps found in this article for manually uploading your first file via SFTP: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160627?hl=en&ref_topic=3404780
- Bing Please follow the steps found in this article for manually uploading your first file via FTP: http://help.bingads.microsoft.com/apex/index/3/en-ca/51086